Friday, January 28, 2011

Meditation Practices

For this weeks unit, I completed the "Meeting Asciepius" guided meditation from the Dacher CD. Personally it was not one of my favorites. I prefer my own meditation techniques that I have practiced for years. I am sure the only reason for this is that I have become set in my ways, and have found my own techniques that are more beneficial to me. Mindfulness meditation has allowed my psychological and spiritual awareness to grow. When I practice my meditation techniques I am a much more upbeat person with a positive attitude. These techniques have also made it easier for me to deal with my problems with anxiety. I plan to continue to practice my meditation techniques for the rest of my life.

The saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" is a very great insight inti thehealth profession. In my opinion no professional has any business giving another person directions on how to live their life, if the professional is unable to follow similar directions themselves. When I become a nutritioist/dietician I do owe it to those seeking my guidance to be developed psychologically, physically, and spiritually. I must have my own life together and under control before I can assist another person with their own.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed in your blog that your meditaion makes you up beat. For some reason it does the oppisite to me it makes me quiet and reflective so relaxed almost sleepy.

    ReplyDelete