Friday, February 4, 2011

My Most Helpful Mindfulness Techniques

During my time in this course I have been introduced to many great techniques to help improve the health of my mind and spirit. I can also see that as a result of having better mental and spiritual health my physical health is in better condition as well. I tend to have much less stress in my life since learning these techniques, and when stressful situations arise I am able to deal with them accordingly. The two practices that I have found to be the most beneficial were the meditation and loving-kindness exercises. Meditation is such a wonderful way to really connect with your inner self. Many people spend their entire lives without ever really getting to know themselves, and they live their lives as if they were in a fog. They go through each day merely surviving, rather than thriving. I have done meditation for many years, and I will continue to do so for the rest of my life. I hope that one day I will reach the total "Integral Health" that Dr. Dacher speaks of in his book of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment