Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reflections

When rating the different aspects of my health in my blog post for Unit 3, I rated myself as:
Physical-7
Psychological-6
Spiritual-9
When reviewing my ratings from a few weeks ago, I do not think there has been much of a change in my ratings. I would keep my physical and spiritual scores at the same level, but I would probably increase my psychological rating to a 7 rather than a 6. This is because I feel that in taking this course I have become more adept at handling stress in my life.
I have made some progress toward the goals I had set back in Unit 3. I have been becoming more involved in my community, and trying new activities. I have started to volunteer with the Nature Conservancy of my area, and I plan to do much more.
I would definitely say that overall my experience with this course has been a very positive one. It has opened my eyes to many fascinating studies and practices that I would most likely have never heard of otherwise. I think that my well-being has improved as a result of this class, and I now know many techniques to enhance in further.
I have also learned a great deal about assisting others. I have learned that in order to help someone, first of all you must help yourself. I have also learned that when helping another person, you have to really find the way to assist them that is best for them, because the same approach will not work for everyone.
This has really been an interesting class, and I wish the best of luck to all of my classmates in their future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment