Sunday, January 2, 2011

Optimal Well-being

Optimal well-being is achieved by having all aspects of your life in good health. This does not include just caring for your physical well-being, but also your psychological and spiritual well-being as well.
If I were to rate myself on a scale of 1-10 for the different aspects of my wellbeing, I would rate it as follows:
Physical- 7 For my physical well-being I would rate myself at a seven, because overall I am of decent health. Although I am a bit weaker than I would like.
A goal I would like to accomplish dealing with my physical well-being would be to learn a new physical hobby, like dancing. I could work on this goal by attending dance classes in my area.
Psychological- 6 For my psychological well-being I would rate myself at a six, because I tend to feel overwhelmed and depressed at times. But for the most part my psychological well-being is pretty good.
A goal I would like to accomplish dealing with my psychological well-being would be to have a better sense of self worth. I could work to accomplish this by becoming more active in my community, doing all I can to help this world to be a better place.
Spiritual- 9 For my spiritual well-being I would rate myself at a nine. This is one aspect of my life I am very confident about. I am very much in touch with my spiritual self.
A goal I would like to accomplish dealing with my spiritual well-being would be to expand my knowledge further. I could accomplish this by meditating more often, and asking for spiritua guidance.

I found the relaxation exercise for this weeks unit to be very similar to other exercises that I often do. I also recognized that it was a chakra cleansing exercise. I really enjoy taking part in these types of exercises, I believe they help you to become more spiritually aware.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were thinking of asking for spiritual guidance at. Most people seek the church but i have found in my experience church can sometimes be more religion and less spiritual this is something i have struggled with for a while so i was curios where you were planning on seeking spiritual guidence

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good place to start for spiritual wellness is practicing your beliefs, doing relaxation exercies, and getting to know yourself on inside. It sounds like you have a great physical appearance and you're okay with your psychological wellness. The relaxation techniques will help with the depression. Believe me, last year was really tough year for me and when I started the relaxation/deep breathing exercises in my stress management, I began to gain control. I have also gotten back to my religion. Loving God, Jesus Christ, and Family has helped me to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonathon, I was planning on seeking spiritual guidance through techniques of meditation and doing research to learn about how I can become more enlightened. Thank you for asking. :)

    ReplyDelete